Hundreds treated to spectacular scenery at Wisbech St Mary Open Gardens day which raises record amount for Papworth
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 visitors explored nine of Wisbech St Mary’s most beautiful gardens, raising £1,670 for the Papworth Hospital Charity.
In its 12th year, Wisbech St Mary Open Gardens raised more than double last year’s sum.
On display were beautiful blooms and water features, with falconry demonstrations, a new addition, also attracting lots of interest.
Nature quizzes kept adults and children busy, while others sat relaxing in gardens enjoying delicious cream teas, homemade cakes and wood fired cooked pizzas. Raffles and plants sales also raised money for the charity.
Organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole were delighted with the turn out and generosity of people who spent Sunday enjoying a wide mix of gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Walpole said: “I was quite overwhelmed by the support by all the garden owners, who worked so hard preparing for the day to make it such a success. It was wonderful.
“We would like to thank all the helpers and visitors who also made a day such a success.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
If you are interested in taking part in next year’s event, phone Jayne or Richard on 01945 410772