Hundreds treated to spectacular scenery at Wisbech St Mary Open Gardens day which raises record amount for Papworth
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 visitors explored nine of Wisbech St Mary’s most beautiful gardens, raising £1,670 for the Papworth Hospital Charity.
In its 12th year, Wisbech St Mary Open Gardens raised more than double last year’s sum.
On display were beautiful blooms and water features, with falconry demonstrations, a new addition, also attracting lots of interest.
Nature quizzes kept adults and children busy, while others sat relaxing in gardens enjoying delicious cream teas, homemade cakes and wood fired cooked pizzas. Raffles and plants sales also raised money for the charity.
Organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole were delighted with the turn out and generosity of people who spent Sunday enjoying a wide mix of gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Walpole said: “I was quite overwhelmed by the support by all the garden owners, who worked so hard preparing for the day to make it such a success. It was wonderful.
“We would like to thank all the helpers and visitors who also made a day such a success.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
If you are interested in taking part in next year’s event, phone Jayne or Richard on 01945 410772