Hundreds spring into Wisbech for the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s annual Easter egg-stravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children – and big kids – flocked to the Horsefair in Wisbech for its annual Easter Fun Day.
The Spring event saw youngsters on their half term breaks enjoy face painting, a Punch and Judy show, fairground rides and a whole host of Easter activities – including the ever-popular Easter egg hunt.
“We had 240 children do the Easter Egg hunt and I’m not sure on exact number but we had hundreds come along despite the chilly weather,” Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said.
“It’s always been an annual event but to see so many people come back really is fantastic.”
The fun day was also Kevin’s last event as the centre’s manager. He will hand the reins over to Dave King after 12 years as boss on April 21, and admitted he is sad to say goodbye.
You may also want to watch:
“It is sad,” he said.
“These type are events are what I’ve really enjoyed doing and I’ve taken a lot of personal satisfaction from watching them grow every year. Halloween has always been a favourite of mine!”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named
“The new centre manager is here now and hopefully he can keep the events running successfully.”