Hundreds spring into Wisbech for the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s annual Easter egg-stravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children – and big kids – flocked to the Horsefair in Wisbech for its annual Easter Fun Day.
The Spring event saw youngsters on their half term breaks enjoy face painting, a Punch and Judy show, fairground rides and a whole host of Easter activities – including the ever-popular Easter egg hunt.
“We had 240 children do the Easter Egg hunt and I’m not sure on exact number but we had hundreds come along despite the chilly weather,” Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said.
“It’s always been an annual event but to see so many people come back really is fantastic.”
The fun day was also Kevin’s last event as the centre’s manager. He will hand the reins over to Dave King after 12 years as boss on April 21, and admitted he is sad to say goodbye.
“It is sad,” he said.
“These type are events are what I’ve really enjoyed doing and I’ve taken a lot of personal satisfaction from watching them grow every year. Halloween has always been a favourite of mine!”
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
“The new centre manager is here now and hopefully he can keep the events running successfully.”