Hundreds spring into Wisbech for the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s annual Easter egg-stravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children – and big kids – flocked to the Horsefair in Wisbech for its annual Easter Fun Day.
The Spring event saw youngsters on their half term breaks enjoy face painting, a Punch and Judy show, fairground rides and a whole host of Easter activities – including the ever-popular Easter egg hunt.
“We had 240 children do the Easter Egg hunt and I’m not sure on exact number but we had hundreds come along despite the chilly weather,” Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said.
“It’s always been an annual event but to see so many people come back really is fantastic.”
The fun day was also Kevin’s last event as the centre’s manager. He will hand the reins over to Dave King after 12 years as boss on April 21, and admitted he is sad to say goodbye.
“It is sad,” he said.
“These type are events are what I’ve really enjoyed doing and I’ve taken a lot of personal satisfaction from watching them grow every year. Halloween has always been a favourite of mine!”
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
“The new centre manager is here now and hopefully he can keep the events running successfully.”