Hundreds spring into Wisbech for the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s annual Easter egg-stravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children – and big kids – flocked to the Horsefair in Wisbech for its annual Easter Fun Day.
The Spring event saw youngsters on their half term breaks enjoy face painting, a Punch and Judy show, fairground rides and a whole host of Easter activities – including the ever-popular Easter egg hunt.
“We had 240 children do the Easter Egg hunt and I’m not sure on exact number but we had hundreds come along despite the chilly weather,” Horsefair manager Kevin Smith said.
“It’s always been an annual event but to see so many people come back really is fantastic.”
The fun day was also Kevin’s last event as the centre’s manager. He will hand the reins over to Dave King after 12 years as boss on April 21, and admitted he is sad to say goodbye.
You may also want to watch:
“It is sad,” he said.
“These type are events are what I’ve really enjoyed doing and I’ve taken a lot of personal satisfaction from watching them grow every year. Halloween has always been a favourite of mine!”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
“The new centre manager is here now and hopefully he can keep the events running successfully.”