Hundreds of little horrors run free across Wisbech town centre as Spooktacular fun day returns for its best year yet!
- Credit: Archant
Creepy clowns, devils and demons, ghosts and ghouls, skeletons and Scream’s, witches and wizards – Wisbech’s Halloween fun day spooked back into town on Saturday.
Attracting more people than ever before, thanks to an expansion into the town centre by working in partnership with Wisbech Town Council, the fun day welcomed nearly a thousand little (and some not so little) horrors to the Spooktactular event.
Children took part in a trick or treat event, which, for the first time, spanned across town. Involving over 60 local businesses and shops including those in the Horsefair, the High Street, Union Street and around the market place, hundreds of free treats were given away.
Roger Vanhinsbergh, Horsefair security officer, said it was a marvellous event.
“The whole of the Market Square and Horsefair were jammed.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very busy all afternoon,” he added, “and there was a much bigger turn out than we have ever had before.”
A fancy dress competition, which was judged by the Mayor of Wisbech, also saw prizes being awarded to the best boys and girls in the scariest costume.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
There was also a variety of free activities in the Horsefair including: spider mountain, a fairground ride, balloon modelling and a display of creepy creatures from the Fangtasia Reptile Emporium, as well as craft and gift stalls on the market place for the adults.