Hundreds of little horrors run free across Wisbech town centre as Spooktacular fun day returns for its best year yet!
- Credit: Archant
Creepy clowns, devils and demons, ghosts and ghouls, skeletons and Scream’s, witches and wizards – Wisbech’s Halloween fun day spooked back into town on Saturday.
Attracting more people than ever before, thanks to an expansion into the town centre by working in partnership with Wisbech Town Council, the fun day welcomed nearly a thousand little (and some not so little) horrors to the Spooktactular event.
Children took part in a trick or treat event, which, for the first time, spanned across town. Involving over 60 local businesses and shops including those in the Horsefair, the High Street, Union Street and around the market place, hundreds of free treats were given away.
Roger Vanhinsbergh, Horsefair security officer, said it was a marvellous event.
“The whole of the Market Square and Horsefair were jammed.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very busy all afternoon,” he added, “and there was a much bigger turn out than we have ever had before.”
A fancy dress competition, which was judged by the Mayor of Wisbech, also saw prizes being awarded to the best boys and girls in the scariest costume.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
There was also a variety of free activities in the Horsefair including: spider mountain, a fairground ride, balloon modelling and a display of creepy creatures from the Fangtasia Reptile Emporium, as well as craft and gift stalls on the market place for the adults.