Industrial yard in Gorefield to be transformed with 14 houses
- Credit: Archant
Industrial outbuildings in Gorefield will be demolished to make way for 14 houses.
Dennicks Yard, in Back Road, will see the properties built on the "dilapidated" brownfield site.
Four of the houses are set to be social rented.
One tree will also be removed due to it "not being in good health".
The application was agreed by all councillors on Fenland District Council's planning committee on Wednesday November 6.
You may also want to watch:
However, Cllr Will Sutton raised his concerns about the demolition costs.
He said: "I think the costs will be high on a site like this but I am happy to approve it if it improves it."
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
Chairman, Cllr David Connor, added: "It is a dilapidated site and something needs to be done with it.
"I think it is under developed but it will good to see some use come from it."
A full consultation was undertaken for bio-diversity studies.
Gorefield Parish Council also supported the application.