Host of charities boosted by £15,000 raised at another successful Parson Drove car, bike and trike show
- Credit: Archant
A host of local charities received donations this week thanks to the 2017 Parson Drove car, bike and trike show.
The annual show, which sees hundreds of vintage vehicles descend on Fenland in July, raised a whopping £15,000 this year.
The cash was divided up by the show’s team and dished out to a number of charities including the Wisbech Lions, who received £500, and Magpas and the East Anglian Air Ambulance, who receive £3,500 apiece.
The big beneficiary, however, was the Parson Drove Village Amenities group, which was handed a cheque for £7,500.
Team leader, Roger Reader, said: “Thank you to all the sponsors, helpers and exhibitors who attended the presentation for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already underway for next year’s event, with the show set to return on July 14 and 15.
For more information, visit www.customcarbikeandtrikeshow.co.uk.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
- 10 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil