Host of charities boosted by £15,000 raised at another successful Parson Drove car, bike and trike show
- Credit: Archant
A host of local charities received donations this week thanks to the 2017 Parson Drove car, bike and trike show.
The annual show, which sees hundreds of vintage vehicles descend on Fenland in July, raised a whopping £15,000 this year.
The cash was divided up by the show’s team and dished out to a number of charities including the Wisbech Lions, who received £500, and Magpas and the East Anglian Air Ambulance, who receive £3,500 apiece.
The big beneficiary, however, was the Parson Drove Village Amenities group, which was handed a cheque for £7,500.
Team leader, Roger Reader, said: “Thank you to all the sponsors, helpers and exhibitors who attended the presentation for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already underway for next year’s event, with the show set to return on July 14 and 15.
For more information, visit www.customcarbikeandtrikeshow.co.uk.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks