Host of charities boosted by £15,000 raised at another successful Parson Drove car, bike and trike show
- Credit: Archant
A host of local charities received donations this week thanks to the 2017 Parson Drove car, bike and trike show.
The annual show, which sees hundreds of vintage vehicles descend on Fenland in July, raised a whopping £15,000 this year.
The cash was divided up by the show’s team and dished out to a number of charities including the Wisbech Lions, who received £500, and Magpas and the East Anglian Air Ambulance, who receive £3,500 apiece.
The big beneficiary, however, was the Parson Drove Village Amenities group, which was handed a cheque for £7,500.
Team leader, Roger Reader, said: “Thank you to all the sponsors, helpers and exhibitors who attended the presentation for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already underway for next year’s event, with the show set to return on July 14 and 15.
For more information, visit www.customcarbikeandtrikeshow.co.uk.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away