Host of charities boosted by £15,000 raised at another successful Parson Drove car, bike and trike show
- Credit: Archant
A host of local charities received donations this week thanks to the 2017 Parson Drove car, bike and trike show.
The annual show, which sees hundreds of vintage vehicles descend on Fenland in July, raised a whopping £15,000 this year.
The cash was divided up by the show’s team and dished out to a number of charities including the Wisbech Lions, who received £500, and Magpas and the East Anglian Air Ambulance, who receive £3,500 apiece.
The big beneficiary, however, was the Parson Drove Village Amenities group, which was handed a cheque for £7,500.
Team leader, Roger Reader, said: “Thank you to all the sponsors, helpers and exhibitors who attended the presentation for their continued support.”
Plans are already underway for next year’s event, with the show set to return on July 14 and 15.
For more information, visit www.customcarbikeandtrikeshow.co.uk.
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 8 Memories of Meat Loaf in Norfolk following the news of his death
- 9 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’