Horsefair waves goodbye to familiar face Kevin Smith
- Credit: Archant
A long-standing member of the Wisbech community is leaving his role.
After 12 years as the manager of the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech, Kevin Smith has announced that he is stepping down.
He said: “It has been an absolute honour.
“I’m incredibly proud of the achievements I’ve made at the Horsefair and how much the centre has grown.
“I’ve made some great friends during my time here and one of the biggest perks of my job was walking around the centre talking to shoppers and chatting to regular visitors.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to say thank you to everyone that made my time as manager so enjoyable, from the retailers to the shoppers and everyone in between.”
Frances Hardcastle-Brown, of Workman LLP, managing agents of the Horsefair, said: “Kevin has been a fantastic member of the team and we’ll be sad to see him leave.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
“His hard work has really paid off and he’s made a real difference to the Wisbech community.
“We wish him all the best for the future and thank him for all his hard work.”
He became manager of the Horsefair in 2009, as well aspresident of the Wisbech & District Chamber of Commerce.
Kevin will remain in position as the centre manager at the Horsefair until April 21.