Horsefair waves goodbye to familiar face Kevin Smith
- Credit: Archant
A long-standing member of the Wisbech community is leaving his role.
After 12 years as the manager of the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech, Kevin Smith has announced that he is stepping down.
He said: “It has been an absolute honour.
“I’m incredibly proud of the achievements I’ve made at the Horsefair and how much the centre has grown.
“I’ve made some great friends during my time here and one of the biggest perks of my job was walking around the centre talking to shoppers and chatting to regular visitors.
“I want to say thank you to everyone that made my time as manager so enjoyable, from the retailers to the shoppers and everyone in between.”
Frances Hardcastle-Brown, of Workman LLP, managing agents of the Horsefair, said: “Kevin has been a fantastic member of the team and we’ll be sad to see him leave.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
“His hard work has really paid off and he’s made a real difference to the Wisbech community.
“We wish him all the best for the future and thank him for all his hard work.”
He became manager of the Horsefair in 2009, as well aspresident of the Wisbech & District Chamber of Commerce.
Kevin will remain in position as the centre manager at the Horsefair until April 21.