Horsefair waves goodbye to familiar face Kevin Smith
- Credit: Archant
A long-standing member of the Wisbech community is leaving his role.
After 12 years as the manager of the Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech, Kevin Smith has announced that he is stepping down.
He said: “It has been an absolute honour.
“I’m incredibly proud of the achievements I’ve made at the Horsefair and how much the centre has grown.
“I’ve made some great friends during my time here and one of the biggest perks of my job was walking around the centre talking to shoppers and chatting to regular visitors.
“I want to say thank you to everyone that made my time as manager so enjoyable, from the retailers to the shoppers and everyone in between.”
Frances Hardcastle-Brown, of Workman LLP, managing agents of the Horsefair, said: “Kevin has been a fantastic member of the team and we’ll be sad to see him leave.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 7 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 8 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
“His hard work has really paid off and he’s made a real difference to the Wisbech community.
“We wish him all the best for the future and thank him for all his hard work.”
He became manager of the Horsefair in 2009, as well aspresident of the Wisbech & District Chamber of Commerce.
Kevin will remain in position as the centre manager at the Horsefair until April 21.