Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech celebrates successful 2014 which saw increased number of visitors
- Credit: Archant
The Horsefair Shopping Centre in Wisbech bucked the national trend and increased footfall last year.
While footfall was down 0.8 per cent at shopping centres nationwide, the Horsefair attracted 2.1 per cent more visitors.
The centre hosted Easter and Halloween events, as well as a pirate fun day in August to entertain children during the summer holidays.
More than £600 was raised holding car boot sales in aid of Scotty’s Little Soldiers and the Wisbech Lions Club.
The Horsefair’s security officer, Roger Vanhinsbergh, won a national award from the British Security Industry Association (BSIA) in July for his continued hard work over his seven years at the centre.
Additionally, Kevin Smith won two Centre Manager of the Year awards from both New River Retail and Workman Retail, as well as a certificate of commendation for the SCEPTRE Marketing Manager of the Year.
Mr Smith said: “2014 was a fantastic year for everyone at the Horsefair.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 4 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 5 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 8 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 9 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 10 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
“We do everything we can to attract people to Wisbech and the centre so that we can help boost the local economy.
“Whether it be opening new stores, holding events or improving facilities like our free Wi-Fi, we are always looking to offer more to our shoppers.
“Our success wouldn’t be possible without the support of local people so thank you everyone. We look forward to seeing you back at the Horsefair in 2015.”