Horsefair Halloween fun day to be ‘bigger and better than ever before’ as 60 shops join trick or treat horror
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Horsefair Spooktacular Halloween fun day returns this weekend and promises to be ‘bigger and better than ever before’.
The extended event, which is now run in partnership with Wisbech Town Council, takes place from 3-5pm on Saturday.
A trick or treat event, which will for the first time span across Wisbech town centre, will include free goodies being given away from 60 local shops and businesses.
This year, instead of a map, children can easily spot the businesses involved as they’ll be waiting by their doors and displaying a poster in the run up to the event.
Horsefair centre manager, Kevin Smith, said: “Our Halloween event has been growing for many years now so much so that we’ve invited local businesses in the town centre to join in and they’ve all been incredibly keen to be involved.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to see to see all the little horrors running around the town!”
There will also be a fancy dress competition that will be judged by the Mayor of Wisbech at 4pm on the market place with a prize being awarded to the best boy and girl in the scariest costume.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
There will also be a spider mountain, fairground ride, balloon modelling and a creepy creatures display from the Fangtasia Reptile Emporium inside Argos.