Horsefair Halloween fun day to be ‘bigger and better than ever before’ as 60 shops join trick or treat horror
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Horsefair Spooktacular Halloween fun day returns this weekend and promises to be ‘bigger and better than ever before’.
The extended event, which is now run in partnership with Wisbech Town Council, takes place from 3-5pm on Saturday.
A trick or treat event, which will for the first time span across Wisbech town centre, will include free goodies being given away from 60 local shops and businesses.
This year, instead of a map, children can easily spot the businesses involved as they’ll be waiting by their doors and displaying a poster in the run up to the event.
Horsefair centre manager, Kevin Smith, said: “Our Halloween event has been growing for many years now so much so that we’ve invited local businesses in the town centre to join in and they’ve all been incredibly keen to be involved.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to see to see all the little horrors running around the town!”
There will also be a fancy dress competition that will be judged by the Mayor of Wisbech at 4pm on the market place with a prize being awarded to the best boy and girl in the scariest costume.
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
There will also be a spider mountain, fairground ride, balloon modelling and a creepy creatures display from the Fangtasia Reptile Emporium inside Argos.