Horsefair car park in Wisbech wins award for second year running
- Credit: Archant
The Horsefair Shopping Centre has been awarded the safer parking scheme’s “park mark” for the second year running.
It is the only car parking facility in Fenland to have achieved the award, demonstrating the centre’s commitment to taking care of its shoppers.
Kevin Smith, centre manager, said: “We are very pleased to have our car parking facilities recognised. We work very hard to ensure that the entire Horsefair centre is safe and welcoming for our shoppers, and the car park is an extension of that”.
Inspectors reported that “it is an excellent facility, run and managed by enthusiastic staff, ensuring that it remains a safe and non-threatening environment for people using it”.
The report praised the Horsefair car park for its ample lighting, pedestrian access and signs of a “very high standard”.
You may also want to watch:
The car park, which has 359 spaces, 14 accessible bays, and 13 parent and child spaces, offers free parking for the first three hours.
After that it costs 50p per additional hour.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
All day parking is £2. The car park is free on Sundays, bank holidays and daily after 6pm.