Homegrown Wisbech business Agrimech Services awarded £50,000
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based business is celebrating after being awarded £50,000 funding from the Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative.
Agrimech Services specialise in servicing and repairing equipment for the agricultural, recycling and industrial operations.
The company plan to use the grant to expand their range of machinery and introduce a unique system that could boost speed and efficiency when stacking bags and sacks onto a pallet.
Mark Reeve, chairman of the Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative, said: “Agrimech have identified a gap in the market to introduce new machinery that will help grow the business by offering a unique sack and bag stacking line to the agricultural industry.
“Agrimech will be the only manufacturer in the UK offering this service, and the funding will help grow the business and boost their profitability”.
You may also want to watch:
Belinda Smith, of Agrimech Services Ltd, said: “Funding is great news for our company; we are a small family business who would not have been able to achieve the making of this prototype machine without the help of the grant.”
The Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative is run by the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership (LEP) with support from New Anglia LEP, Norfolk County Council, Cambridgeshire County Council, and the local authorities covering this area.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
For more information visit www.agritechgrants.co.uk or call the LEP on 01480 277180.