Homegrown Wisbech business Agrimech Services awarded £50,000
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based business is celebrating after being awarded £50,000 funding from the Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative.
Agrimech Services specialise in servicing and repairing equipment for the agricultural, recycling and industrial operations.
The company plan to use the grant to expand their range of machinery and introduce a unique system that could boost speed and efficiency when stacking bags and sacks onto a pallet.
Mark Reeve, chairman of the Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative, said: “Agrimech have identified a gap in the market to introduce new machinery that will help grow the business by offering a unique sack and bag stacking line to the agricultural industry.
“Agrimech will be the only manufacturer in the UK offering this service, and the funding will help grow the business and boost their profitability”.
You may also want to watch:
Belinda Smith, of Agrimech Services Ltd, said: “Funding is great news for our company; we are a small family business who would not have been able to achieve the making of this prototype machine without the help of the grant.”
The Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative is run by the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership (LEP) with support from New Anglia LEP, Norfolk County Council, Cambridgeshire County Council, and the local authorities covering this area.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
For more information visit www.agritechgrants.co.uk or call the LEP on 01480 277180.