Homegrown Wisbech business Agrimech Services awarded £50,000
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based business is celebrating after being awarded £50,000 funding from the Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative.
Agrimech Services specialise in servicing and repairing equipment for the agricultural, recycling and industrial operations.
The company plan to use the grant to expand their range of machinery and introduce a unique system that could boost speed and efficiency when stacking bags and sacks onto a pallet.
Mark Reeve, chairman of the Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative, said: “Agrimech have identified a gap in the market to introduce new machinery that will help grow the business by offering a unique sack and bag stacking line to the agricultural industry.
“Agrimech will be the only manufacturer in the UK offering this service, and the funding will help grow the business and boost their profitability”.
Belinda Smith, of Agrimech Services Ltd, said: “Funding is great news for our company; we are a small family business who would not have been able to achieve the making of this prototype machine without the help of the grant.”
The Eastern Agri-Tech Growth Initiative is run by the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership (LEP) with support from New Anglia LEP, Norfolk County Council, Cambridgeshire County Council, and the local authorities covering this area.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 9 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 10 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
For more information visit www.agritechgrants.co.uk or call the LEP on 01480 277180.