Home-Start Wisbech calls for people to become volunteer trustees
HOME-Start Wisbech is asking people to step forward and be volunteer trustees to help guide and oversee its work supporting young families with children. The charity helps families with children under five. Parents may be finding it hard to cope because o
HOME-Start Wisbech is asking people to step forward and be volunteer trustees to help guide and oversee its work supporting young families with children.
The charity helps families with children under five. Parents may be finding it hard to cope because of bereavement, or a multiple birth or due to the disability or illness of themselves or a child or even because they are very young, or separated from their own families.
Margaret Tozer, the outgoing chairman, said: "Trustees are also volunteers and we need people with a broad range of skills and from all walks of life to join us.
"Trustees don't run the scheme on a day to day basis - that is the job of paid staff - but as a trustee I am responsible, along with my trustee colleagues, for the overall vision and strategy of the scheme as well as its finances, staff and property."
She added: "Being a trustee is not something that a person can do alone - think of a special cake or a good recipe with all the right ingredients which make up the whole. So it is with trustees.
"An effective group of trustees would include people with a range of skills from different backgrounds and different life experiences - and from which we all learn from each other."
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
- 9 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
For more information about becoming a Trustee contact Home-Start Wisbech on 01945 583855.