Home-Start Wisbech calls for people to become volunteer trustees
HOME-Start Wisbech is asking people to step forward and be volunteer trustees to help guide and oversee its work supporting young families with children. The charity helps families with children under five. Parents may be finding it hard to cope because o
HOME-Start Wisbech is asking people to step forward and be volunteer trustees to help guide and oversee its work supporting young families with children.
The charity helps families with children under five. Parents may be finding it hard to cope because of bereavement, or a multiple birth or due to the disability or illness of themselves or a child or even because they are very young, or separated from their own families.
Margaret Tozer, the outgoing chairman, said: "Trustees are also volunteers and we need people with a broad range of skills and from all walks of life to join us.
"Trustees don't run the scheme on a day to day basis - that is the job of paid staff - but as a trustee I am responsible, along with my trustee colleagues, for the overall vision and strategy of the scheme as well as its finances, staff and property."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "Being a trustee is not something that a person can do alone - think of a special cake or a good recipe with all the right ingredients which make up the whole. So it is with trustees.
"An effective group of trustees would include people with a range of skills from different backgrounds and different life experiences - and from which we all learn from each other."
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
For more information about becoming a Trustee contact Home-Start Wisbech on 01945 583855.