Home-Start Wisbech calls for people to become volunteer trustees
HOME-Start Wisbech is asking people to step forward and be volunteer trustees to help guide and oversee its work supporting young families with children. The charity helps families with children under five. Parents may be finding it hard to cope because o
HOME-Start Wisbech is asking people to step forward and be volunteer trustees to help guide and oversee its work supporting young families with children.
The charity helps families with children under five. Parents may be finding it hard to cope because of bereavement, or a multiple birth or due to the disability or illness of themselves or a child or even because they are very young, or separated from their own families.
Margaret Tozer, the outgoing chairman, said: "Trustees are also volunteers and we need people with a broad range of skills and from all walks of life to join us.
"Trustees don't run the scheme on a day to day basis - that is the job of paid staff - but as a trustee I am responsible, along with my trustee colleagues, for the overall vision and strategy of the scheme as well as its finances, staff and property."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "Being a trustee is not something that a person can do alone - think of a special cake or a good recipe with all the right ingredients which make up the whole. So it is with trustees.
"An effective group of trustees would include people with a range of skills from different backgrounds and different life experiences - and from which we all learn from each other."
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor
For more information about becoming a Trustee contact Home-Start Wisbech on 01945 583855.