Destination Christmas as travel agent backs toy appeal
- Credit: Archant
An independent travel agent in Fenland is appealing for donations to aid an annual Christmas toy appeal.
Holiday With Us, which has branches in March and Wisbech, is helping out with the Wisbech Toy Appeal this year by acting as a collection point.
They are asking local people to donate any gifts they can to support the appeal, which was launched by Paul Albutt and Annie Woods.
Wisbech manager Nikki Wright-Heard said: “We are delighted to be able to support the Wisbech Toy Appeal with its gift collection this year.
“Any gifts you would like to donate towards the appeal can be dropped off at our Wisbech office. We are open 9am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
The toy appeal also aims to ensure that Father Christmas visits some of Fenland’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable children.
The appeal will be working alongside local schools and organisations to identify the children most in need.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
Donations can be dropped off at the Wisbech branch of Holiday With Us in the marketplace. Gifts must be new, packaged items for children up to age 18.