Hockey player Jack, 9, to represent Walpole Highway club in regional tournament
- Credit: Archant
A talented nine-year-old who plays hockey in Walpole Highway has been picked for a regional tournament.
Jack Smith, from West Norfolk, started playing roller hockey three years ago and will now represent the Eastern Counties Rink Hockey for the under 11s.
It is a major achievement not only for Jack and his proud parents, Steve and Lucy, but also the Skaters Rink Hockey Club.
It will be the first time that a player will be showing off their skills in a regional tournament since 2015.
Jack trains and plays in the under 11s and under 13s.
He has also been picked to be part of the England Vision project alongside two other Skaters players Flynn Kerry and Jack Hurn.
This will involve trips to Portugal to train and compete and also the opportunity to represent England as their careers progress.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 7 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
Skaters Rink Hockey Club trains on a Tuesday night in Walpole Highway.
Anyone interested in joining the club or coming and having a go you can contact the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.