Hockey player Jack, 9, to represent Walpole Highway club in regional tournament
- Credit: Archant
A talented nine-year-old who plays hockey in Walpole Highway has been picked for a regional tournament.
Jack Smith, from West Norfolk, started playing roller hockey three years ago and will now represent the Eastern Counties Rink Hockey for the under 11s.
It is a major achievement not only for Jack and his proud parents, Steve and Lucy, but also the Skaters Rink Hockey Club.
It will be the first time that a player will be showing off their skills in a regional tournament since 2015.
Jack trains and plays in the under 11s and under 13s.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been picked to be part of the England Vision project alongside two other Skaters players Flynn Kerry and Jack Hurn.
This will involve trips to Portugal to train and compete and also the opportunity to represent England as their careers progress.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
Skaters Rink Hockey Club trains on a Tuesday night in Walpole Highway.
Anyone interested in joining the club or coming and having a go you can contact the club secretary at email@example.com.