Hockey player Jack, 9, to represent Walpole Highway club in regional tournament
- Credit: Archant
A talented nine-year-old who plays hockey in Walpole Highway has been picked for a regional tournament.
Jack Smith, from West Norfolk, started playing roller hockey three years ago and will now represent the Eastern Counties Rink Hockey for the under 11s.
It is a major achievement not only for Jack and his proud parents, Steve and Lucy, but also the Skaters Rink Hockey Club.
It will be the first time that a player will be showing off their skills in a regional tournament since 2015.
Jack trains and plays in the under 11s and under 13s.
He has also been picked to be part of the England Vision project alongside two other Skaters players Flynn Kerry and Jack Hurn.
This will involve trips to Portugal to train and compete and also the opportunity to represent England as their careers progress.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 9 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 10 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
Skaters Rink Hockey Club trains on a Tuesday night in Walpole Highway.
Anyone interested in joining the club or coming and having a go you can contact the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.