Hockey player Jack, 9, to represent Walpole Highway club in regional tournament
- Credit: Archant
A talented nine-year-old who plays hockey in Walpole Highway has been picked for a regional tournament.
Jack Smith, from West Norfolk, started playing roller hockey three years ago and will now represent the Eastern Counties Rink Hockey for the under 11s.
It is a major achievement not only for Jack and his proud parents, Steve and Lucy, but also the Skaters Rink Hockey Club.
It will be the first time that a player will be showing off their skills in a regional tournament since 2015.
Jack trains and plays in the under 11s and under 13s.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been picked to be part of the England Vision project alongside two other Skaters players Flynn Kerry and Jack Hurn.
This will involve trips to Portugal to train and compete and also the opportunity to represent England as their careers progress.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
Skaters Rink Hockey Club trains on a Tuesday night in Walpole Highway.
Anyone interested in joining the club or coming and having a go you can contact the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.