Hockey player Jack, 9, to represent Walpole Highway club in regional tournament
- Credit: Archant
A talented nine-year-old who plays hockey in Walpole Highway has been picked for a regional tournament.
Jack Smith, from West Norfolk, started playing roller hockey three years ago and will now represent the Eastern Counties Rink Hockey for the under 11s.
It is a major achievement not only for Jack and his proud parents, Steve and Lucy, but also the Skaters Rink Hockey Club.
It will be the first time that a player will be showing off their skills in a regional tournament since 2015.
Jack trains and plays in the under 11s and under 13s.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been picked to be part of the England Vision project alongside two other Skaters players Flynn Kerry and Jack Hurn.
This will involve trips to Portugal to train and compete and also the opportunity to represent England as their careers progress.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
Skaters Rink Hockey Club trains on a Tuesday night in Walpole Highway.
Anyone interested in joining the club or coming and having a go you can contact the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.