Hit and run plea in Wisbech as motorist flees scene following collision with eight-year-old child
- Credit: Archant
A hit and run driver is being hunted by police tonight after an eight-year-old was injured in Wisbech.
The collision happened at about 2.30pm today in St Michael’s Avenue.
Police launched an urgent appeal to find the motorist who failed to stop.
“Did you witness an RTC on St Michael’s Avenue, Wisbech this afternoon at about 14:30?” said a police spokesman.
“An eight-year-old child was hit by a car which then left the scene. The child has walked away with minor injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Do you have any information in relation to a Green Peugeot Estate; X registration that was seen hit the child?”
Police want anyone with information to call 101 and quote incident number 272 of today
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout