Hit and run plea in Wisbech as motorist flees scene following collision with eight-year-old child
- Credit: Archant
A hit and run driver is being hunted by police tonight after an eight-year-old was injured in Wisbech.
The collision happened at about 2.30pm today in St Michael’s Avenue.
Police launched an urgent appeal to find the motorist who failed to stop.
“Did you witness an RTC on St Michael’s Avenue, Wisbech this afternoon at about 14:30?” said a police spokesman.
“An eight-year-old child was hit by a car which then left the scene. The child has walked away with minor injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Do you have any information in relation to a Green Peugeot Estate; X registration that was seen hit the child?”
Police want anyone with information to call 101 and quote incident number 272 of today
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized