Hit and run plea in Wisbech as motorist flees scene following collision with eight-year-old child
- Credit: Archant
A hit and run driver is being hunted by police tonight after an eight-year-old was injured in Wisbech.
The collision happened at about 2.30pm on Saturday January 16 in St Michael’s Avenue.
Police launched an urgent appeal to find the motorist who failed to stop.
“Did you witness an RTC on St Michael’s Avenue, Wisbech this afternoon at about 14:30?” said a police spokesman.
“An eight-year-old child was hit by a car which then left the scene. The child has walked away with minor injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Do you have any information in relation to a Green Peugeot Estate; X registration that was seen hit the child?”
Police want anyone with information to call 101 and quote incident number 272.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600