Hit and run plea in Wisbech as motorist flees scene following collision with eight-year-old child
- Credit: Archant
A hit and run driver is being hunted by police tonight after an eight-year-old was injured in Wisbech.
The collision happened at about 2.30pm on Saturday January 16 in St Michael’s Avenue.
Police launched an urgent appeal to find the motorist who failed to stop.
“Did you witness an RTC on St Michael’s Avenue, Wisbech this afternoon at about 14:30?” said a police spokesman.
“An eight-year-old child was hit by a car which then left the scene. The child has walked away with minor injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Do you have any information in relation to a Green Peugeot Estate; X registration that was seen hit the child?”
Police want anyone with information to call 101 and quote incident number 272.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening