Hit and run moped rider hunted by police after colliding with woman on zebra crossing in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A hit and run moped rider is being hunted by police after a woman was injured on a pedestrian crossing in Wisbech.
Police are appealing for information after the woman was involved in the collision with the moped on Saturday.
The woman was on a zebra crossing in Church Terrace, Wisbech at about 3.30pm when she was hit by the white moped which had also collided with a white van.
PC James Moore said: “The pedestrian was taken to hospital but thankfully didn’t suffer any serious injury.
“We would urge the rider of the moped who was wearing dark clothing and a silver helmet or the pillion passenger, who was also in dark outer clothing but without a helmet to come forward and speak to police.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also urge anyone who may have seen the incident or know the owner of the moped to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
Police closed Church Terrace after the collision as ambulance crews dealt with the injured pedestrian.
One report said the moped had both a rider and a passenger on it and hit a parked van before racing off and then colliding with a person on the pedestrian crossing.
CCTV operatives have been alerted to help police trace the moped rider.