Historic vehicle club rolls for charity
WISBECH and District Historic Vehicle Club held their annual cheque presentation and Christmas buffet at the Three Tuns Inn, Norwich Road, Wisbech. The club raised £500 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance by the sale of raffle tickets and a further £900 f
WISBECH and District Historic Vehicle Club held their annual cheque presentation and Christmas buffet at the Three Tuns Inn, Norwich Road, Wisbech.
The club raised £500 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance by the sale of raffle tickets and a further £900 from their 14th Annual Road Run in August, split between six local charities/good causes.
The beneficiaries, each receiving cheques for £150 were: Wisbech & March Bramley Line; Kings Lynn and Wisbech Cancer Care Treatment Fund; Marshland Smeeth Fen Museum; Tara's Pet Refuge - Manea; Friends of Wisbech Hospital and Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance
In addition to the W&DHVC donation, Club President, Mr Peter (Twizzle) Fewster, added an extra £200 to Tara's Pet Rescue, raised from generous donations at his 60th birthday party.
You may also want to watch:
And club member Mr. Geovanni Pettinato gave the Cancer Treatment Fund another £100
Pictured are front row, left to right: W&DHVC President, Peter Fewster and Eileen Plater (Friends of Wisbech Hospital)Back Row, left to right: Mary Dunn (East Anglian Air Ambulance); Kay Mitchell (Tara's Pet Refuge); Peter Downes (Bramley Line Railway); Brian Howling (Marshland Smeeth & Fen Museum); Giovanni Pettinato (Cancer Care Treatment Fund) and W&DHVC Chairman, Paul Cousins.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
The club would like to thank Elgoods Brewery for their continuing support, Roger and Teresa at the Three Tuns and everyone with the fund raising. The W&DHVC meet at the Three Tuns on the first Tuesday of every month, anyone wishing to join the club can do so at the meetings or 'phone: 01945-464609