Historic vehicle club rolls for charity
WISBECH and District Historic Vehicle Club held their annual cheque presentation and Christmas buffet at the Three Tuns Inn, Norwich Road, Wisbech. The club raised £500 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance by the sale of raffle tickets and a further £900 f
WISBECH and District Historic Vehicle Club held their annual cheque presentation and Christmas buffet at the Three Tuns Inn, Norwich Road, Wisbech.
The club raised £500 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance by the sale of raffle tickets and a further £900 from their 14th Annual Road Run in August, split between six local charities/good causes.
The beneficiaries, each receiving cheques for £150 were: Wisbech & March Bramley Line; Kings Lynn and Wisbech Cancer Care Treatment Fund; Marshland Smeeth Fen Museum; Tara's Pet Refuge - Manea; Friends of Wisbech Hospital and Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance
In addition to the W&DHVC donation, Club President, Mr Peter (Twizzle) Fewster, added an extra £200 to Tara's Pet Rescue, raised from generous donations at his 60th birthday party.
And club member Mr. Geovanni Pettinato gave the Cancer Treatment Fund another £100
Pictured are front row, left to right: W&DHVC President, Peter Fewster and Eileen Plater (Friends of Wisbech Hospital)Back Row, left to right: Mary Dunn (East Anglian Air Ambulance); Kay Mitchell (Tara's Pet Refuge); Peter Downes (Bramley Line Railway); Brian Howling (Marshland Smeeth & Fen Museum); Giovanni Pettinato (Cancer Care Treatment Fund) and W&DHVC Chairman, Paul Cousins.
- 1 Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
The club would like to thank Elgoods Brewery for their continuing support, Roger and Teresa at the Three Tuns and everyone with the fund raising. The W&DHVC meet at the Three Tuns on the first Tuesday of every month, anyone wishing to join the club can do so at the meetings or 'phone: 01945-464609