High flying Wisbech students rewarded at prestigious ceremony in London
- Credit: Archant
High achieving students from Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech were presented with awards for their GCSE results at a ceremony in London.
Bethany Ellerby, Albert Smith, Keeley Morris and Alex Ives attended the prestigious Central Hall in Westminster, along with students from schools across the country.
They were presented with a certificate and a £20 voucher in recognition of their effort and achievements.
The event was organised by PiXL, a collaboration of school leaders, which focuses on supporting and developing GCSE and A Level results.
TCA Principal Clare Claxton said: “These students deserve the recognition – they worked immensely hard and are great advocates for TCA as an academy where learning and achievement is at the heart of everything we do.”
You may also want to watch:
The students, who are all now studying A Levels at the Academy, also met special guest Hannah Cockroft, a British wheelchair racing athlete and double World Champion.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash