High flying Wisbech students rewarded at prestigious ceremony in London
- Credit: Archant
High achieving students from Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech were presented with awards for their GCSE results at a ceremony in London.
Bethany Ellerby, Albert Smith, Keeley Morris and Alex Ives attended the prestigious Central Hall in Westminster, along with students from schools across the country.
They were presented with a certificate and a £20 voucher in recognition of their effort and achievements.
The event was organised by PiXL, a collaboration of school leaders, which focuses on supporting and developing GCSE and A Level results.
TCA Principal Clare Claxton said: “These students deserve the recognition – they worked immensely hard and are great advocates for TCA as an academy where learning and achievement is at the heart of everything we do.”
You may also want to watch:
The students, who are all now studying A Levels at the Academy, also met special guest Hannah Cockroft, a British wheelchair racing athlete and double World Champion.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan