Hickathrift House worker Kanita recognised for 25 years of service
- Credit: Archant
An administrative assistant at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has received a prestigious long service award in celebration of working at Barchester Healthcare for 25 years.
Kanita Oakey-Kierman, started at Hickathrift House in 1992 when she was just 16.
She worked her way up to a senior care assistant after gaining her NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care in 2004.
After starting a family, Kanita joined the administration department at Hickathrift House and since then has worked hard to gain her NVQ level 2 and 3 in business and administration.
Jackalynne Shields, general manager of Hickathrift House said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating 25 years of loyal service with Hickathrift House.
“She has demonstrated her dedication and loyalty to this home and its residents year after year.
“I speak for all of us here when I say that I’m looking forward to many more years of working with Kanita.”
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash