Hickathrift House worker Kanita recognised for 25 years of service
- Credit: Archant
An administrative assistant at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has received a prestigious long service award in celebration of working at Barchester Healthcare for 25 years.
Kanita Oakey-Kierman, started at Hickathrift House in 1992 when she was just 16.
She worked her way up to a senior care assistant after gaining her NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care in 2004.
After starting a family, Kanita joined the administration department at Hickathrift House and since then has worked hard to gain her NVQ level 2 and 3 in business and administration.
Jackalynne Shields, general manager of Hickathrift House said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating 25 years of loyal service with Hickathrift House.
You may also want to watch:
“She has demonstrated her dedication and loyalty to this home and its residents year after year.
“I speak for all of us here when I say that I’m looking forward to many more years of working with Kanita.”
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash