Hickathrift House administrator Laura wins regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton Bridge women who grew up in Wisbech has won a regional competition.
Laura Archer, who is an administrator at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James, has been crowned administration champion for Barchester’s central division in the Barchester Care Awards 2017 and is through to the national finals.
The awards celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile and categories range from ‘registered nurse of the year’ and ‘carer of the year’ to ‘maintenance champion’ and ‘team of the year’.
Laura, who will meet judges in London and then join finalists from across the UK at an awards lunch in October, said: “It is such an honour to be nominated by residents, families and colleagues here at Hickathrift House and I am overwhelmed to win the divisional title.”
More than 1,300 nominations were received from homes across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Jackalynne Shields said: “This is an amazing achievement. Laura is a dedicated and fully committed team member.
“We are all fully supporting her with the next stage of the company wide awards.”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka