Hickathrift House administrator Laura wins regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton Bridge women who grew up in Wisbech has won a regional competition.
Laura Archer, who is an administrator at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James, has been crowned administration champion for Barchester’s central division in the Barchester Care Awards 2017 and is through to the national finals.
The awards celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile and categories range from ‘registered nurse of the year’ and ‘carer of the year’ to ‘maintenance champion’ and ‘team of the year’.
Laura, who will meet judges in London and then join finalists from across the UK at an awards lunch in October, said: “It is such an honour to be nominated by residents, families and colleagues here at Hickathrift House and I am overwhelmed to win the divisional title.”
More than 1,300 nominations were received from homes across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Jackalynne Shields said: “This is an amazing achievement. Laura is a dedicated and fully committed team member.
“We are all fully supporting her with the next stage of the company wide awards.”
- 1 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air