Hickathrift House administrator Laura wins regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton Bridge women who grew up in Wisbech has won a regional competition.
Laura Archer, who is an administrator at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James, has been crowned administration champion for Barchester’s central division in the Barchester Care Awards 2017 and is through to the national finals.
The awards celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile and categories range from ‘registered nurse of the year’ and ‘carer of the year’ to ‘maintenance champion’ and ‘team of the year’.
Laura, who will meet judges in London and then join finalists from across the UK at an awards lunch in October, said: “It is such an honour to be nominated by residents, families and colleagues here at Hickathrift House and I am overwhelmed to win the divisional title.”
More than 1,300 nominations were received from homes across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Jackalynne Shields said: “This is an amazing achievement. Laura is a dedicated and fully committed team member.
“We are all fully supporting her with the next stage of the company wide awards.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims