Staff from Hughes Electrical in Wisbech step in to help Murrow Preschool create special herb garden
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a Wisbech company got their hands dirty after answering a call for help from a preschool.
Murrow Preschool, on Murrow Bank, was looking to create a special herb garden for its pupils to help with their sensory experiences.
Hughes Electrical, who have a shop on the Market Place in Wisbech, stepped in and provided all the necessary plants, pots, compost and some labour too.
Tom Hunn, from Hughes, who helped out on the day, said: “The first thing we had to do was clear an area of weeds and debris and because of all the great weather we have been having recently the ground was very, very hard and difficult to work, but we did it.
“We used a variety of herbs, all different shapes, colours, sizes and smells which the preschool will now be able to use to teach its pupils not only about how plants grow but also enable them to both touch and smell.
Wendy Hopkin, from Murrow Preschool, said: “This will support children with sensory needs as well as making a fun and exciting addition to our mud kitchen garden.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs