Staff from Hughes Electrical in Wisbech step in to help Murrow Preschool create special herb garden
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a Wisbech company got their hands dirty after answering a call for help from a preschool.
Murrow Preschool, on Murrow Bank, was looking to create a special herb garden for its pupils to help with their sensory experiences.
Hughes Electrical, who have a shop on the Market Place in Wisbech, stepped in and provided all the necessary plants, pots, compost and some labour too.
Tom Hunn, from Hughes, who helped out on the day, said: “The first thing we had to do was clear an area of weeds and debris and because of all the great weather we have been having recently the ground was very, very hard and difficult to work, but we did it.
“We used a variety of herbs, all different shapes, colours, sizes and smells which the preschool will now be able to use to teach its pupils not only about how plants grow but also enable them to both touch and smell.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Hopkin, from Murrow Preschool, said: “This will support children with sensory needs as well as making a fun and exciting addition to our mud kitchen garden.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Ever get that sinking feeling?