Help For Heroes breaks one-day Wisbech supermarket collection record at Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers at a Wisbech supermarket helped raise a record amount for Help for Heroes at the weekend.
The collection held at Tesco raised a whopping £950.50 - a record collection for a one-day collection and this was then topped up by Driver Hire Wisbech to bring the total to £1,000.
Volunteer with the charity Peter Bryant said: “We’d all like to thank the shoppers and staff at Tesco for being so generous; as well as Amanda at Driver Hire for helping to make a difference.
“I would like to thank Jerry, Chris, Richard, Emma and Mary for collecting at the store, and Angie who helped with the counting and banking of the money.
Peter and Chris Rolfe are both riding the Help for Heroes Big Battlefield Bike Ride to Arnhem in September (h a second for Chris and a fifth for Peter), and this was part of their fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
To donate visit their justgiving pages.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named