Helicopter at the Queen's School Prom
PEOPLE flocked to the Queen s School, Wisbech, on Friday to see three students arrive at their prom in a helicopter. Rebecca Etherington, Jenna Flint and Emma Davies landed at 7pm, after being flown to the prom by John Sandle, a cousin of Rebecca s father
PEOPLE flocked to the Queen's School, Wisbech, on Friday to see three students arrive at their prom in a helicopter.
Rebecca Etherington, Jenna Flint and Emma Davies landed at 7pm, after being flown to the prom by John Sandle, a cousin of Rebecca's father Gary.
Hillary Warby, year 11 pastoral worker at Queen's, said: "So many people came to see the helicopter land that we had trouble getting all the cars in at the front of the school."
About 200 students and many members of staff attended the prom, the last to be held under the Queen's School name before it changes its name to the Thomas Clarkson Community College in September.
You may also want to watch:
Other methods of transport included a number of stretched limos, a tank, hotrod car, tractor and a Hummer. Two students also arrived riding mobility scooters.
Our pictures show the three girls after landing in their Jetranger helicopter and other students arriving for the prom.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
Pictures: PETER UPTON