Rapid Covid-19 test centre highlights latest success
- Credit: Archant
A lateral flow test centre has recorded one of its most successful results to date.
The Queen Mary Centre (QMC) in Wisbech identified 11 positive results within 196 tests on people not carrying symptoms of Covid-19 during a day of testing on February 22.
The centre opened as a lateral flow test site on February 4 and, like other sites across Cambridgeshire, offer tests on individuals that are not showing any signs or symptoms of the virus.
A spokesperson for The Ferry Project (or Queen Mary Centre) said: “196 tests were carried out on asymptomatic people which resulted in 11 positive tests (5.6 per cent).
“A negative result means the test did not find signs of coronavirus.
“But this does not guarantee people do not have coronavirus, so they should keep following all coronavirus advice including regular hand-washing, social distancing and wearing a face-covering where recommended.”
You do not have to book a test in advance, but it is advisable and you will be dealt with more quickly if you do.
The test is free and you just need a mobile phone and ideally an email address.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Conman was hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
The QMC site opens from 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday (apart from March 18). You can find the QMC on Queens Road, Wisbech, PE13 2PE, or call 01945 581444.