Rapid Covid-19 test centre highlights latest success
- Credit: Archant
A lateral flow test centre has recorded one of its most successful results to date.
The Queen Mary Centre (QMC) in Wisbech identified 11 positive results within 196 tests on people not carrying symptoms of Covid-19 during a day of testing on February 22.
The centre opened as a lateral flow test site on February 4 and, like other sites across Cambridgeshire, offer tests on individuals that are not showing any signs or symptoms of the virus.
A spokesperson for The Ferry Project (or Queen Mary Centre) said: “196 tests were carried out on asymptomatic people which resulted in 11 positive tests (5.6 per cent).
“A negative result means the test did not find signs of coronavirus.
“But this does not guarantee people do not have coronavirus, so they should keep following all coronavirus advice including regular hand-washing, social distancing and wearing a face-covering where recommended.”
You do not have to book a test in advance, but it is advisable and you will be dealt with more quickly if you do.
The test is free and you just need a mobile phone and ideally an email address.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 5 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 6 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 7 Meet TikTok councillor aiming to make Cambridgeshire politics more fun
- 8 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 9 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
The QMC site opens from 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday (apart from March 18). You can find the QMC on Queens Road, Wisbech, PE13 2PE, or call 01945 581444.