Health retailer Holland and Barrett donates ‘goodie bags’ to key workers battling coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Fenland health retailer have shown their support for those on the coronavirus frontline by donating a range of items to NHS workers battling the pandemic.
Eighty ‘goodie bags’ were donated by Holland and Barrett in Wisbech to staff at the town’s North Cambridgeshire Hospital containing bundles of different products, such as supplements, skin care, protein snacks and hand sanitiser.
The bags, which were donated on Tuesday (April 28), were delivered by store manager Samantha Morris, alongside colleagues Emma Shipp, Carol Hawkins and Jodie Leverett.
After receiving the gifts, one nurse shared her happiness and said how kind it was of staff to come up with the idea.
It’s not just locally that the health retailer has played a part during the COVID-19 outbreak, but they have also donated 10,000 parcels to different hospitals across the country.
You may also want to watch:
A Holland and Barrett spokesperson said: “Holland and Barrett just wanted to thank the NHS heroes for all that they are doing to keep our country safe during this time.”
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor