Councils to provide free school meal vouchers during half term
- Credit: ARCHANT
Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council will be providing vouchers to all children who usually receive free school meals, for use during February half term.
The £15 supermarket vouchers will be issued automatically by February 12 ready for use during the half-term week.
Vouchers will be sent by email and text message to parents/carers.
Eligibility criteria for vouchers
Children will be automatically issued with free school meal vouchers if the parent/carer receive any of the following:
You may also want to watch:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
Vouchers will be provided to families via the council's winter grant scheme.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
If parents/carers do not wish to receive a food voucher, let your school know as soon as possible so the council can reallocate the voucher to someone else in need.