Owl visit, flying display and a game of quidditch at Wisbech school’s Harry Potter day
- Credit: Archant
Kinderley Primary School in Wisbech turned into Hogwarts to celebrate Harry Potter book night.
All the children and staff were invited to dress up as a character from the famous series of books.
Fens Falconry paid a secret visit to introduce their falcon and Rambo the owl, who let the children of each class draw him.
The children were then treated to a flying display in the sunshine on the school field.
Lara Gourley, from the school, said: "All of the children loved the surprises and went home with some magical memories."
You may also want to watch:
Learning throughout the morning included music lessons where the children listened to the music of Harry Potter and English where they wrote timetables for Hogwarts lessons.
At lunchtime the children were sorted into the Harry Potter houses by Kinderley's very own talking sorting hat.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
The day finished with a game of quidditch in PE and the children went home with their own scrolls.