Owl visit, flying display and a game of quidditch at Wisbech school’s Harry Potter day
- Credit: Archant
Kinderley Primary School in Wisbech turned into Hogwarts to celebrate Harry Potter book night.
All the children and staff were invited to dress up as a character from the famous series of books.
Fens Falconry paid a secret visit to introduce their falcon and Rambo the owl, who let the children of each class draw him.
The children were then treated to a flying display in the sunshine on the school field.
Lara Gourley, from the school, said: "All of the children loved the surprises and went home with some magical memories."
Learning throughout the morning included music lessons where the children listened to the music of Harry Potter and English where they wrote timetables for Hogwarts lessons.
At lunchtime the children were sorted into the Harry Potter houses by Kinderley's very own talking sorting hat.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
- 10 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
The day finished with a game of quidditch in PE and the children went home with their own scrolls.