Happy ending for Marylyn's dream
IN just five weeks, Wisbech woman Marylyn Bolton-Coker has turned her dream of running a shop in Wisbech into a reality. Avid reader Marylyn will open her book store called Fully Booked in Hill Street on Saturday, and is excited to be launching her own bu
IN just five weeks, Wisbech woman Marylyn Bolton-Coker has turned her dream of running a shop in Wisbech into a reality.
Avid reader Marylyn will open her book store called Fully Booked in Hill Street on Saturday, and is excited to be launching her own business for the first time.
"It is just five weeks ago that my husband Steve and I decided to go into business, although it is something we had thought a lot about over the years, it is something we always wanted to do," said Marylyn.
"I am a former administrator, and only gave up working four days a week last Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
"We found our premises, and got the keys two weeks ago, its all been a bit hectic.
"Opening a shop is a huge step to take, we are realising a dream, and creating a community service, lots of people have said it is a really good idea."
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Steve works for B J Books, so is well versed in the book industry; and the couple are keen to provide a wide range of products for customers.
On the ground floor of the shop, books for sale will include fiction, children's books, cookery books, special interest and travel, along with puzzle books and small stationery items.
Upstairs, customers will find a range of second hand novels, along with clearance bargains.
"A book shop is what the town needs, we needs lots of interesting independent traders, providing leisure shopping," said Marylyn.
Fully Booked at 8 Hill Street will be open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.