Happy birthday! Trustee puts �100 raised at his party back into Wisbech Stroke Club
A TRUSTEE of Wisbech Stroke Club gave �100 back to the group after raising funds at his 65th birthday party.
Peter Fewster presented the cheque to Patricia Spriggs, the club’s treasurer, to help with running costs.
Mr Fewster said: “My wife Barbara and I became involved with the club when it was first started with a grant from Cambridgeshire County Council back in June.
“Since then we have regularly gone along to meetings and are keen to help the club keep going.”
The independent group meets on the second and last Fridays of the month and helps support stroke survivors and their carers, families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
The club usually meets at Wisbech Library but enjoys completing a range of activities and outings.
• For more information on the club contact Sue Lowe on 01945 772824 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience