Happy birthday! Trustee puts �100 raised at his party back into Wisbech Stroke Club
A TRUSTEE of Wisbech Stroke Club gave �100 back to the group after raising funds at his 65th birthday party.
Peter Fewster presented the cheque to Patricia Spriggs, the club’s treasurer, to help with running costs.
Mr Fewster said: “My wife Barbara and I became involved with the club when it was first started with a grant from Cambridgeshire County Council back in June.
“Since then we have regularly gone along to meetings and are keen to help the club keep going.”
The independent group meets on the second and last Fridays of the month and helps support stroke survivors and their carers, families and friends.
The club usually meets at Wisbech Library but enjoys completing a range of activities and outings.
• For more information on the club contact Sue Lowe on 01945 772824 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space