Happy birthday! Trustee puts �100 raised at his party back into Wisbech Stroke Club
A TRUSTEE of Wisbech Stroke Club gave �100 back to the group after raising funds at his 65th birthday party.
Peter Fewster presented the cheque to Patricia Spriggs, the club’s treasurer, to help with running costs.
Mr Fewster said: “My wife Barbara and I became involved with the club when it was first started with a grant from Cambridgeshire County Council back in June.
“Since then we have regularly gone along to meetings and are keen to help the club keep going.”
The independent group meets on the second and last Fridays of the month and helps support stroke survivors and their carers, families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
The club usually meets at Wisbech Library but enjoys completing a range of activities and outings.
• For more information on the club contact Sue Lowe on 01945 772824 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence