Happy birthday! Trustee puts �100 raised at his party back into Wisbech Stroke Club
A TRUSTEE of Wisbech Stroke Club gave �100 back to the group after raising funds at his 65th birthday party.
Peter Fewster presented the cheque to Patricia Spriggs, the club’s treasurer, to help with running costs.
Mr Fewster said: “My wife Barbara and I became involved with the club when it was first started with a grant from Cambridgeshire County Council back in June.
“Since then we have regularly gone along to meetings and are keen to help the club keep going.”
The independent group meets on the second and last Fridays of the month and helps support stroke survivors and their carers, families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
The club usually meets at Wisbech Library but enjoys completing a range of activities and outings.
• For more information on the club contact Sue Lowe on 01945 772824 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal