Hannah gets the best exam marks in the world
- Credit: Archant
Hannah Shales is on top of the world after hitting the best marks out of students globally in her chartered accountancy exams.
The trainee accountant from Wisbech achieved the highest mark in the world in the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants financial reporting exam, with a score of 95.
Hannah, 22, lives in central Wisbech and was educated at what is now the Thomas Clarkson Academy.
She works for independent chartered accountants, Whiting and Partners, at The Crescent in Wisbech.
Hannah said: “I was really quite surprised. I didn’t really expect to do so well.
You may also want to watch:
She now faces two more exams before sitting her final chartered account qualification test.
Her achievement was rewarded with an ACCA certificate, a cash prize, and a bottle of bubbly.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
Keith Day, partner at the Wisbech office of Whiting and Partners, said: “Hannah has worked extremely hard throughout her studies and we are delighted that this has been rewarded in her recent results.”