Hannah gets the best exam marks in the world
- Credit: Archant
Hannah Shales is on top of the world after hitting the best marks out of students globally in her chartered accountancy exams.
The trainee accountant from Wisbech achieved the highest mark in the world in the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants financial reporting exam, with a score of 95.
Hannah, 22, lives in central Wisbech and was educated at what is now the Thomas Clarkson Academy.
She works for independent chartered accountants, Whiting and Partners, at The Crescent in Wisbech.
Hannah said: “I was really quite surprised. I didn’t really expect to do so well.
You may also want to watch:
She now faces two more exams before sitting her final chartered account qualification test.
Her achievement was rewarded with an ACCA certificate, a cash prize, and a bottle of bubbly.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Keith Day, partner at the Wisbech office of Whiting and Partners, said: “Hannah has worked extremely hard throughout her studies and we are delighted that this has been rewarded in her recent results.”