People spotted having cars washed and valeted despite ‘Stay At Home’ warning from Government
- Credit: Archant
People have been photographed having their cars washed and valeted by a hand car wash in Cambridgeshire despite a warning to ‘stay at home’ from the Government.
Drivers were spotted at Wisbech Hand Wash on Chapel Road in the Fenland town this morning (March 25) following a UK ‘lockdown’ announcement by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
One resident who snapped a driver having their silver 4x4 cleaned and valeted took to social media, calling it “unbelievable”.
They said: “Unbelievable. Hand car wash open in Chapel Road, Wisbech. People having their cars washed and valeted. Essential my a**e.”
One resident replied: “They’re [Wisbech Hand Wash] gonna get us (sic) locked down like India where you can’t even go out for food. Absolute morons.”
You may also want to watch:
Another, seemingly in favour of the car wash being open, said: “Visibility is important and number plates must be visible, so it may be deemed essential.”
“There is a lot of places open that should not be but Boris needs to set things out a little bit clearer as some people are putting themselves into the category of essential jobs,” another added.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
“I think only a set few should be open per town/city. Car wash scrap yards construction and them things should be shut then some shops I.e. clothes and stuff should all be limited.”
What do you think? Should all car washes remain closed despite the ‘Stay At Home’ warning from the Government? Email: email@example.com