Witches, zombies and vampires take over Wisbech for Horsefair’s annual Halloween Trick or Treat event
- Credit: Archant
Witches, zombies and vampires covered Wisbech at the weekend as the town got into the Halloween spirit.
Hundreds of people of all ages attended the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s annual Halloween Trick or Treat event, many of them in fancy dress.
More than 60 town centre businesses in the Horsefair, on High Street, Hill Street, Market Street and Union Street took part.
The event had something for all the family including balloon modelling, fairground rides, an arts and crafts fair and more.
New this year was the House of Shadows and Madam Woo’s fortune telling in the Market Place, alongside spooky dance performances from the Nine Lives Theatre Group.
You may also want to watch:
The Rose & Crown Hotel also hosted the Samhain Witches’ Festival with magical, mystical witchy wares to browse and craft stalls to visit.
The Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney had the difficult task of judging the fancy dress competition.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
The entrants, modelling a variety of creative outfits, lined up as the mayor spent several minutes carefully picking the winners.