Witches, zombies and vampires take over Wisbech for Horsefair’s annual Halloween Trick or Treat event
- Credit: Archant
Witches, zombies and vampires covered Wisbech at the weekend as the town got into the Halloween spirit.
Hundreds of people of all ages attended the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s annual Halloween Trick or Treat event, many of them in fancy dress.
More than 60 town centre businesses in the Horsefair, on High Street, Hill Street, Market Street and Union Street took part.
The event had something for all the family including balloon modelling, fairground rides, an arts and crafts fair and more.
New this year was the House of Shadows and Madam Woo’s fortune telling in the Market Place, alongside spooky dance performances from the Nine Lives Theatre Group.
You may also want to watch:
The Rose & Crown Hotel also hosted the Samhain Witches’ Festival with magical, mystical witchy wares to browse and craft stalls to visit.
The Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney had the difficult task of judging the fancy dress competition.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
The entrants, modelling a variety of creative outfits, lined up as the mayor spent several minutes carefully picking the winners.