From gory to glory: Halloween fun runners impress at first event in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 runners dressed in gory outfits spooked out Wisbech Park for the first Halloween fun run.
Organised by Three Counties Running Club, the event had a 1K run for children and a 5K for adults.
Adventurous participants donned creepy masks, face paint, devil horns and capes to trape through the park and raise money.
The club say that they are on their way to hitting their target of £12,000 for lights to be installed in the park for night time runs.
Gary Bligh, coach and organiser, said: “It was our first event and we work in conjunction with Wisbech Park to encourage people to get out there and get fit.
You may also want to watch:
“We do an Easter and Santa run but this was the first Halloween run and it’s something we would definitely plan to do again.
“We were really impressed with how people dressed up and got in the spirit – it was great.”
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
The run took place on Saturday morning.
It is also hoped that by having lights installed in the park it will curb any anti-social behaviour in the area.
If any businesses would like to help the club with fundraising, they can get in touch with Gary at email@example.com