Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
The B1094 Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell will be closed later this month.
Work will begin on Monday, April 24, to carry out carriageway repairs on the road from the junction with Greenend through to Upwell Road, at Christchurch.
Officials say the project should take two days to complete, subject to suitable weather.
During the works it will be necessary to close the road to all through traffic between 7.30am and 5pm.
A fully signed local diversion via Christchurch and Welney will be in place for the duration of the resurfacing works.
Access for businesses and residents within the site will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times but it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.
The work which will cost £40,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council and its contractors. The county council has apologised for any inconvenience caused by the closure.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned