Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
The B1094 Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell will be closed later this month.
Work will begin on Monday, April 24, to carry out carriageway repairs on the road from the junction with Greenend through to Upwell Road, at Christchurch.
Officials say the project should take two days to complete, subject to suitable weather.
During the works it will be necessary to close the road to all through traffic between 7.30am and 5pm.
A fully signed local diversion via Christchurch and Welney will be in place for the duration of the resurfacing works.
You may also want to watch:
Access for businesses and residents within the site will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times but it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.
The work which will cost £40,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council and its contractors. The county council has apologised for any inconvenience caused by the closure.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties