Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
The B1094 Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell will be closed later this month.
Work will begin on Monday, April 24, to carry out carriageway repairs on the road from the junction with Greenend through to Upwell Road, at Christchurch.
Officials say the project should take two days to complete, subject to suitable weather.
During the works it will be necessary to close the road to all through traffic between 7.30am and 5pm.
A fully signed local diversion via Christchurch and Welney will be in place for the duration of the resurfacing works.
You may also want to watch:
Access for businesses and residents within the site will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times but it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.
The work which will cost £40,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council and its contractors. The county council has apologised for any inconvenience caused by the closure.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare