Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
The B1094 Halfpenny Toll Road at Upwell will be closed later this month.
Work will begin on Monday, April 24, to carry out carriageway repairs on the road from the junction with Greenend through to Upwell Road, at Christchurch.
Officials say the project should take two days to complete, subject to suitable weather.
During the works it will be necessary to close the road to all through traffic between 7.30am and 5pm.
A fully signed local diversion via Christchurch and Welney will be in place for the duration of the resurfacing works.
You may also want to watch:
Access for businesses and residents within the site will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times but it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.
The work which will cost £40,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council and its contractors. The county council has apologised for any inconvenience caused by the closure.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer