GUYHIRN: Weight loss has gone slimmingly well for Alan and Susan!
ANYONE who has ever been on a diet will know how difficult it is to find the inspiration to follow it through. But for Guyhirn couple Alan and Susan Ramsay they found the perfect motivation, by signing up for a slimming club together. And remarkably afte
ANYONE who has ever been on a diet will know how difficult it is to find the inspiration to follow it through.
But for Guyhirn couple Alan and Susan Ramsay they found the perfect motivation, by signing up for a slimming club together.
And remarkably after just eight months, the pair have lost an incredible nine stone between them.
To mark the amazing weight loss, the couple were this week crowned Mr and Mrs Slimming Word by their Wisbech group.
You may also want to watch:
The couple decided to sign up after Alan 59, was given his first all clear after battling against cancer.
He was told by his consultant that one of the things he could do to help his health was to lose weight.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
So the couple, who have been married since 1981, signed up and have not looked back since.
Alan, who at his peak weighed 20 stone has lost a staggering six stone, while Susan, 55, is now 16 stone after losing three stone.
Mrs Ramsay, said: "We had lost weight before, but it had gradually crept back, we then signed up for the Wisbech class.
"It does help losing weight together, Alan has done so well. There isn't really a hard part to it."
Mr Ramsay, added: "Losing weight has made us feel so much better, we both have far more energy and sleep a lot easier. We have dogs and take them out for long walks now, something we couldn't do before losing weight."
The couple joined the Wisbech group, which is held at Elme Hall Hotel, last May.
They are now part of the group's social team and help with weigh-ins for other group members.
Their consultant Charlotte Norris, said: "I am so proud of Alan and Susan for achieving their fantastic weight loss and to award them the Mr and Mrs Slimming World title was an honour.
"They give so much support and inspiration to all of the group members."
To find out more about the Slimming World group, contact 01945 467548.