‘Please slow down’: Three vehicles collide in foggy conditions on A47 at Guyhirn
- Credit: Archant
Three vehicles collided on the A47 at Guyhirn this morning after one of the drivers did “not drive to the road and weather conditions”.
Police are warning people “slow down” after today’s incident (October 19) on Fen Road, Guyhirn – no injuries were reported.
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 6am after one of the vehicles was smoking; two of the vehicles were recovered at the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police: “Officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue attended a three vehicle RTC, Fen Road, Guyhirn this morning.
“This collision was a result of a driver not driving to the road and weather conditions, please slow down!
“No injuries reported and Fire Service checked one vehicle as it was smoking. Two vehicles were recovered at the scene. The road at the location is now clear.”
The incident has caused delays on the First Norwich bus service, a spokesman said: “The XL service is diverting via Wisbech St Mary both directions and Whitlesey.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 3 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 4 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 5 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 8 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
“Buses from King’s Lynn - Norwich may suffer delays of approx 25 minutes. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”