Bus driver and passenger who died in the A47 crash near Guyhirn are named
- Credit: © terry-harris.com
Two men who died in the A47 crash between a bus and a lorry between Guyhirn and Thorney have been named.
Bus driver Michael Elcombe, 45, of Cley Road in Swaffham, Norfolk, died when the vehicle he was driving was involved in a collision with a HGV at about 7.30am.
Brian Chapman, 76, of Cherry Road in Kettering, was a passenger on the bus. He died at the scene.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “In addition to the two fatalities, a further 17 people were injured as a result of the collision.
“Six received serious injuries and the remaining minor. The majority of the people injured were from Peterborough, with one from Hunstanton in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
“The circumstances of the collision are being investigated, but no arrests have been made.”
The bus was the First Excel X1 service which runs from Peterborough to Wisbech and on to King’s Lynn.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer