Bus driver and passenger who died in the A47 crash near Guyhirn are named
- Credit: © terry-harris.com
Two men who died in the A47 crash between a bus and a lorry between Guyhirn and Thorney have been named.
Bus driver Michael Elcombe, 45, of Cley Road in Swaffham, Norfolk, died when the vehicle he was driving was involved in a collision with a HGV at about 7.30am.
Brian Chapman, 76, of Cherry Road in Kettering, was a passenger on the bus. He died at the scene.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “In addition to the two fatalities, a further 17 people were injured as a result of the collision.
“Six received serious injuries and the remaining minor. The majority of the people injured were from Peterborough, with one from Hunstanton in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
“The circumstances of the collision are being investigated, but no arrests have been made.”
The bus was the First Excel X1 service which runs from Peterborough to Wisbech and on to King’s Lynn.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 9 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 10 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV