Bus driver and passenger who died in the A47 crash near Guyhirn are named
- Credit: © terry-harris.com
Two men who died in the A47 crash between a bus and a lorry between Guyhirn and Thorney have been named.
Bus driver Michael Elcombe, 45, of Cley Road in Swaffham, Norfolk, died when the vehicle he was driving was involved in a collision with a HGV at about 7.30am.
Brian Chapman, 76, of Cherry Road in Kettering, was a passenger on the bus. He died at the scene.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “In addition to the two fatalities, a further 17 people were injured as a result of the collision.
“Six received serious injuries and the remaining minor. The majority of the people injured were from Peterborough, with one from Hunstanton in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
“The circumstances of the collision are being investigated, but no arrests have been made.”
The bus was the First Excel X1 service which runs from Peterborough to Wisbech and on to King’s Lynn.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find