GSCE: Best results ever at Sir Harry Smith
EDUCATION chiefs at Sir Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey said they were delighted with the students GSCE exam results which were announced today. A total of 71per cent of students achieved 5 A*-C grades and 62per cent achieved 5 A*-C including
EDUCATION chiefs at Sir Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey said they were delighted with the students GSCE exam results which were announced today.
A total of 71per cent of students achieved 5 A*-C grades and 62per cent achieved 5 A*-C including English and Maths.
Principal Jonathan Digby said the results were the best in school's history and continued the upward trend of GCSE results at Sir Harry Smith Community College over the last seven years.
He added: "The results reflect the hard work and dedication of both the students and the teachers."
You may also want to watch:
Outstanding individual results were achieved by:
Rosie Curtis 11A*, 2A, 1B
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Daniel Smith 8A*, 5A
Robert Timms 5A*, 5A, 1B
Nicole Chapman A*, 4A, 4B
Laura Williams 5A*, 4A, 4B
John Grant 5A*, 3A, 5B
Matthew Sumner 4A*, 6A, 2B, 1C
Bethan Saunders 4A*, 5A
Jack Collis 4A*, 4A, 5B
Jenny Sharman 2A*, 7A, 3B, 1D
Mr Digby added: "Many other students excelled and should be very proud of their efforts.
"I would like to congratulate all the students on their achievements this year.