Greenvale AP hires former Tesco buying manager to expand potato industry
FENLAND potato supplier Greenvale has created a new post to expand the industry with Tesco – and it s been filled by a former Tesco buying manager. Darren Huxtable, a former Tesco buying manager for mushrooms, herbs and chilled salads, has joined Greenval
FENLAND potato supplier Greenvale has created a new post to expand the industry with Tesco - and it's been filled by a former Tesco buying manager.
Darren Huxtable, a former Tesco buying manager for mushrooms, herbs and chilled salads, has joined Greenvale as its Tesco Business Unit Manager.
He will split his time between the Greenvale sites that supply Tesco - the Floods Ferry site near March, Cambridgeshire, and the Duns site on the Scottish Borders.
He will be responsible for all the company's sales to the retailer and will help to develop Greenvale's relationship with Tesco's team in Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Greenvale created the new role after Tesco said there is significant growth potential in the potato category.
That was highlighted by the success of new varieties such as Vales Sovereign, which last year won Variety of the Year in the Tesco Fresh Produce Category Awards.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
Mr Huxtable said: "There are big opportunities to improve the customer offering.
"Greenvale's new varieties, like Vales Sovereign and Sofia, deliver real benefits over traditional potato varieties in terms of flavour and versatility. They will play an important role in improving customer participation and perception to the potato category.
"My ultimate aim is to make Greenvale Tesco's first choice for fresh potatoes."
Mr Huxtable, 36, a keen amateur chef, has also previously worked for G's Marketing in March; he was responsible for procurement for the company's salad factory.