Greenvale AP hires former Tesco buying manager to expand potato industry
FENLAND potato supplier Greenvale has created a new post to expand the industry with Tesco – and it s been filled by a former Tesco buying manager. Darren Huxtable, a former Tesco buying manager for mushrooms, herbs and chilled salads, has joined Greenval
FENLAND potato supplier Greenvale has created a new post to expand the industry with Tesco - and it's been filled by a former Tesco buying manager.
Darren Huxtable, a former Tesco buying manager for mushrooms, herbs and chilled salads, has joined Greenvale as its Tesco Business Unit Manager.
He will split his time between the Greenvale sites that supply Tesco - the Floods Ferry site near March, Cambridgeshire, and the Duns site on the Scottish Borders.
He will be responsible for all the company's sales to the retailer and will help to develop Greenvale's relationship with Tesco's team in Scotland.
Greenvale created the new role after Tesco said there is significant growth potential in the potato category.
That was highlighted by the success of new varieties such as Vales Sovereign, which last year won Variety of the Year in the Tesco Fresh Produce Category Awards.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 9 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
Mr Huxtable said: "There are big opportunities to improve the customer offering.
"Greenvale's new varieties, like Vales Sovereign and Sofia, deliver real benefits over traditional potato varieties in terms of flavour and versatility. They will play an important role in improving customer participation and perception to the potato category.
"My ultimate aim is to make Greenvale Tesco's first choice for fresh potatoes."
Mr Huxtable, 36, a keen amateur chef, has also previously worked for G's Marketing in March; he was responsible for procurement for the company's salad factory.