Great results for students at the College of West Anglia
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia achieved great results again in their GCSE exams. Among those picking up their results today was Colin Redhead, 40 from Wisbech. Having missed out on taking O levels at school, Colin, who works full-time for Cambri
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia achieved great results again in their GCSE exams.
Among those picking up their results today was Colin Redhead, 40 from Wisbech.
Having missed out on taking O levels at school, Colin, who works full-time for Cambridgeshire County Council, decided it was time to challenge himself and go back to get his qualifications.
He took an evening GCSE English course at the college's Isle campus and today he was delighted to learn that he achieved a grade A.
You may also want to watch:
Colin said: "I'd say to anyone who's thinking about going back to College, do it, don't put it off!" He is now planning to take GCSE maths next year and eventually go on to university."
He added: "I was nervous when I picked up my result, I didn't want to have to sit it again."
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
Colin works in the ICT service, dealing with the computers at schools in the county.
The college achieved an overall pass rate of 99.6per cent.
Overall there were 231 entrants across six subjects, five of which have a 100per cent pass rate, with particular success in English and maths.
Moreover, higher grades A-C were exceptionally good at 77.9per cent.
If you would like to do a part-time course at college like Colin then you can either come along to an open evenings at the Isle campus in Wisbech on September 1, from 4.30pm to 7pm or at our King's Lynn campus on September 2 at the same times.
Alternatively call 01553 761144 to request a copy of the prospectus or visit www.col-westanglia.ac.uk