Great results for students at the College of West Anglia
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia achieved great results again in their GCSE exams. Among those picking up their results today was Colin Redhead, 40 from Wisbech. Having missed out on taking O levels at school, Colin, who works full-time for Cambri
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia achieved great results again in their GCSE exams.
Among those picking up their results today was Colin Redhead, 40 from Wisbech.
Having missed out on taking O levels at school, Colin, who works full-time for Cambridgeshire County Council, decided it was time to challenge himself and go back to get his qualifications.
He took an evening GCSE English course at the college's Isle campus and today he was delighted to learn that he achieved a grade A.
Colin said: "I'd say to anyone who's thinking about going back to College, do it, don't put it off!" He is now planning to take GCSE maths next year and eventually go on to university."
He added: "I was nervous when I picked up my result, I didn't want to have to sit it again."
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
Colin works in the ICT service, dealing with the computers at schools in the county.
The college achieved an overall pass rate of 99.6per cent.
Overall there were 231 entrants across six subjects, five of which have a 100per cent pass rate, with particular success in English and maths.
Moreover, higher grades A-C were exceptionally good at 77.9per cent.
If you would like to do a part-time course at college like Colin then you can either come along to an open evenings at the Isle campus in Wisbech on September 1, from 4.30pm to 7pm or at our King's Lynn campus on September 2 at the same times.
Alternatively call 01553 761144 to request a copy of the prospectus or visit www.col-westanglia.ac.uk