Grandson pops over from Canada for Wisbech woman's 101st birthday celebrations
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday. Mrs Ellinor s biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations. The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, whe
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday.
Mrs Ellinor's biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations.
The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, where Mrs Ellinor has been a resident for 17 years and was organised by Roddons Housing Association.
Mrs Ellinor said: "I love birthdays and it is lovely being amongst family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very surprised when my grandson walked into my room with a big smile. He came home last year for my 100th birthday party and I really did not think I would see him again."
Born in Morcambe, Mrs Ellinor moved to Wisbech as a baby.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
She has worked on farms in the area until she retired at the age of 70.
When asked about the secret to her longevity, she said: "I have always worked hard. I had three children and they always kept me on my toes. I like to get out as much as possible."
Geraldine Grimsey, from Roddons, said: "Annie is such a lively resident and has a lovely personality.
"She enjoys bingo, a sing-song and a good party and we're happy to make it all happen for her. We all feel like we are one big family here.