Grandson pops over from Canada for Wisbech woman's 101st birthday celebrations
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday. Mrs Ellinor s biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations. The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, whe
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday.
Mrs Ellinor's biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations.
The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, where Mrs Ellinor has been a resident for 17 years and was organised by Roddons Housing Association.
Mrs Ellinor said: "I love birthdays and it is lovely being amongst family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very surprised when my grandson walked into my room with a big smile. He came home last year for my 100th birthday party and I really did not think I would see him again."
Born in Morcambe, Mrs Ellinor moved to Wisbech as a baby.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
She has worked on farms in the area until she retired at the age of 70.
When asked about the secret to her longevity, she said: "I have always worked hard. I had three children and they always kept me on my toes. I like to get out as much as possible."
Geraldine Grimsey, from Roddons, said: "Annie is such a lively resident and has a lovely personality.
"She enjoys bingo, a sing-song and a good party and we're happy to make it all happen for her. We all feel like we are one big family here.