Grandson pops over from Canada for Wisbech woman's 101st birthday celebrations
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday. Mrs Ellinor s biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations. The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, whe
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday.
Mrs Ellinor's biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations.
The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, where Mrs Ellinor has been a resident for 17 years and was organised by Roddons Housing Association.
Mrs Ellinor said: "I love birthdays and it is lovely being amongst family and friends.
"I was very surprised when my grandson walked into my room with a big smile. He came home last year for my 100th birthday party and I really did not think I would see him again."
Born in Morcambe, Mrs Ellinor moved to Wisbech as a baby.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
She has worked on farms in the area until she retired at the age of 70.
When asked about the secret to her longevity, she said: "I have always worked hard. I had three children and they always kept me on my toes. I like to get out as much as possible."
Geraldine Grimsey, from Roddons, said: "Annie is such a lively resident and has a lovely personality.
"She enjoys bingo, a sing-song and a good party and we're happy to make it all happen for her. We all feel like we are one big family here.