Grandson pops over from Canada for Wisbech woman's 101st birthday celebrations
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday. Mrs Ellinor s biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations. The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, whe
A SURPRISE birthday party was held for Wisbech resident Annie Ellinor who turned 101 on Friday.
Mrs Ellinor's biggest surprise came when her grandson Peter Chaffe arrived from Canada to join the celebrations.
The party was held at Onyx Court, Wisbech, where Mrs Ellinor has been a resident for 17 years and was organised by Roddons Housing Association.
Mrs Ellinor said: "I love birthdays and it is lovely being amongst family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very surprised when my grandson walked into my room with a big smile. He came home last year for my 100th birthday party and I really did not think I would see him again."
Born in Morcambe, Mrs Ellinor moved to Wisbech as a baby.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
She has worked on farms in the area until she retired at the age of 70.
When asked about the secret to her longevity, she said: "I have always worked hard. I had three children and they always kept me on my toes. I like to get out as much as possible."
Geraldine Grimsey, from Roddons, said: "Annie is such a lively resident and has a lovely personality.
"She enjoys bingo, a sing-song and a good party and we're happy to make it all happen for her. We all feel like we are one big family here.