GOREFIELD: Sharon opens beauty/holistic training academy to pass on skills
SHARON Howlett was so keen to pass on her skills and enthusiasm for the beauty/holistic industry that she opened her own training academy. Along with a professional health and beauty service, Sharon has opened a fast track academy offering diplomas in man
SHARON Howlett was so keen to pass on her skills and enthusiasm for the beauty/holistic industry that she opened her own training academy.
Along with a professional health and beauty service, Sharon has opened a fast track academy offering diplomas in manicure, pedicure, nail art, spray tanning, reflexology, Hopi Ear Candling, massage and aromatherapy.
Sharon's business is called Choy� par Sharon - Pampering by Sharon and as she says: "Everyone deserves some pampering and in these difficult times it can make you feel so much better."
A former pre-school assistant and community carer, Sharon got into the beauty business in 2005 when a friend who was taking a course in massage persuaded her to go along too.
You may also want to watch:
Sharon said: "I really didn't want to do it but she persuaded me and I loved it. I then went on to do lots of courses at different colleges and training academies."
In 2007 Sharon opened a salon at her Gorefield home, from where she offers a comprehensive range of health and beauty treatments. She also visits clients in their own homes.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
After opening her salon it soon became clear to Sharon there were others already in the industry who wanted to brush up on existing skills or learn new ones.
Last year she set up her academy, offering courses accredited by large beauty/holistic bodies which accept private training schools.
Sharon said: "The guild which accredited my courses is a highly reputable and recognised body in the industry. Learners are allowed to gain insurance and work on the paying public.
"All my courses are ideal for therapists who do not want or have the time to undertake an NVQ, or who are uncertain if they want to commit to the industry. These qualifications are ideal for mobile or self-employed therapists wanting to set up their own businesses or to work part-time around their family."
She added: "I really love having my own business but it is very hard work."
Sharon is open for business from 10am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-6pm Saturdays and Sundays.
CONTACT: Sharon on 01945 870697 or 07858 506121.