Driver left with ‘serious injury’ after car and van ‘loaded with clothes’ collide on junction and land in ditch
- Credit: Supplied/Policing Fenland
A driver has been rushed to hospital with suspected serious injuries after a car and van collided on a junction and both landed in a ditch.
A van “loaded with clothes” and a small silver car collided at the Allens Drove junction with Birds Drove in Gorefield at around 10.30am on Thursday (March 19).
One of the drivers had to be cut-free from their vehicle by the fire service before they were taken to Queen Elisabeth Hospital (QEH) in King’s Lynn.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “At 10:38am officers along with Cambs Fire and Rescue and East of England Ambulance attended a two-vehicle RTC.
“One driver was released by fire service at the scene using cutting equipment and has been taken to QEH with a suspected serious injury.
You may also want to watch:
“The other driver was assessed at scene by ambulance. Both vehicles, van loaded with clothing, were recovered at the scene and enquires are ongoing.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph