Gorefield girl going to Wales to represent Cambridgeshire at Little Miss Inspiration UK grand final
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old girl from Gorefield will travel to Wales this weekend to represent Cambridgeshire in the finals of a beauty pageant.
Whitney Jane Pope, who studies at Peele Community College in Long Sutton, will compete in the grand finals of Little Miss Inspiration UK on Sunday (April 10).
“I’m really, really excited,” she said.
“It’s just around the corner now. I’m going with my sister, Lucinda and my nan, Selma.”
After Whitney was entered into the contest by her sister, she defeated a number of other entrants from around the country during an online round.
You may also want to watch:
In October she was given the title of Miss Junior Teen Inspiration Cambridge.
Miss Pope has also scored herself a spot in the online semi finals out of 1000’s of young girls in the Little Miss Teen Great Britain category.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
Out of those competing, only four girls in her category will make it to the finals, which are held in Blackpool in October.