Gorefield girl going to Wales to represent Cambridgeshire at Little Miss Inspiration UK grand final
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old girl from Gorefield will travel to Wales this weekend to represent Cambridgeshire in the finals of a beauty pageant.
Whitney Jane Pope, who studies at Peele Community College in Long Sutton, will compete in the grand finals of Little Miss Inspiration UK on Sunday (April 10).
“I’m really, really excited,” she said.
“It’s just around the corner now. I’m going with my sister, Lucinda and my nan, Selma.”
After Whitney was entered into the contest by her sister, she defeated a number of other entrants from around the country during an online round.
You may also want to watch:
In October she was given the title of Miss Junior Teen Inspiration Cambridge.
Miss Pope has also scored herself a spot in the online semi finals out of 1000’s of young girls in the Little Miss Teen Great Britain category.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
Out of those competing, only four girls in her category will make it to the finals, which are held in Blackpool in October.