GOREFIELD: Coffee morning to raise money for Ann Wood Appeal
A COFFEE morning with craft stalls is being organised to raise money for the Ann Wood Appeal. Brenda Frost hopes next Saturday s event (November 8) from 10am until 1pm at Gorefield Village Hall will be a great success and will be well supported. Mrs Frost
A COFFEE morning with craft stalls is being organised to raise money for the Ann Wood Appeal.
Brenda Frost hopes next Saturday's event (November 8) from 10am until 1pm at Gorefield Village Hall will be a great success and will be well supported. Mrs Frost of High Road, Gorefield, worked for Mrs Wood for 10 years and was shocked when her friend died of a rare form of ovarian cancer.
Mrs Wood, who was a co-owner of the Delamore Nurseries, was diagnosed with small cell ovarian cancer in March and died just two months later.
Husband Peter Wood of Paget Hall, Tydd St Giles, set up the Ann Wood Appeal in a bid to raise £50,000 to fund research and collect information about the rare form of the cancer. Doctors treating Mrs Wood had little information on similar cases as there has been just six in East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Frost said: "I was shocked when she died because Ann was always so full of energy and was a wonderful person. I have got quite a few craft stalls coming along and other things going on so I hope as many people as possible will come along.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 4 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers