GOREFIELD: Coffee morning to raise money for Ann Wood Appeal
A COFFEE morning with craft stalls is being organised to raise money for the Ann Wood Appeal. Brenda Frost hopes next Saturday s event (November 8) from 10am until 1pm at Gorefield Village Hall will be a great success and will be well supported. Mrs Frost
A COFFEE morning with craft stalls is being organised to raise money for the Ann Wood Appeal.
Brenda Frost hopes next Saturday's event (November 8) from 10am until 1pm at Gorefield Village Hall will be a great success and will be well supported. Mrs Frost of High Road, Gorefield, worked for Mrs Wood for 10 years and was shocked when her friend died of a rare form of ovarian cancer.
Mrs Wood, who was a co-owner of the Delamore Nurseries, was diagnosed with small cell ovarian cancer in March and died just two months later.
Husband Peter Wood of Paget Hall, Tydd St Giles, set up the Ann Wood Appeal in a bid to raise £50,000 to fund research and collect information about the rare form of the cancer. Doctors treating Mrs Wood had little information on similar cases as there has been just six in East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Frost said: "I was shocked when she died because Ann was always so full of energy and was a wonderful person. I have got quite a few craft stalls coming along and other things going on so I hope as many people as possible will come along.
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Meet the young carers whose work hasn’t stopped for Covid-19
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Media 'mischief making' over council investments
- 7 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
- 8 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 9 Driver pulled from three-car wreck as one vehicle flips onto its side
- 10 Assault on tax officials lands man in court