GOREFIELD: Award winning teacher gets a surprise make over after winning national title
AN award-winning teacher from Gorefield is featured in the latest edition of Prima magazine after enjoying a prize of a star treatment makeover. Caroline Nofer who teaches at Gorefield Primary School was the East of England winner of the 2008 BT Award for
AN award-winning teacher from Gorefield is featured in the latest edition of Prima magazine after enjoying a prize of a star treatment makeover.
Caroline Nofer who teaches at Gorefield Primary School was the East of England winner of the 2008 BT Award for Teacher of the Year in a primary school. She was treated to her special prize alongside 10 other school heroes from around Britain.
The prize involved a day trip to London, styling by a team of hair, beauty and fashion experts and a professional photo shoot. The four-page photo feature is in the current edition of the magazine.
Prima editor Maire Fahey said: "We feel privileged to be involved with the UK Teaching Awards for the first time and have this opportunity to say thank you to some amazing winners for making a difference in our classrooms."
Caroline, 27, was nominated by a pupil and took her teaching assistant Mel Higgs with her for the special day out.
At the photographer's studio Caroline had a 'before' photo taken and then went on to have her nails and make-up done and her hair styled. After chosing some clothes, Caroline said: "We then had to strut our stuff for the camera which took quite a few takes. My dress is by Betty Jackson from Debenhams and I got to take it home with me."
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
The winners who were treated to the special prize are among 142 teaching award winners who will go forward to the UK final on October 19 which is being televised on BBC 2.