Successful 56th year for the Gorefield Show
- Credit: Archant
One of the best attended Gorefield shows drew crowds from across the region who enjoyed traditional horse arena displays, husky sleds, tug of war, falconry and classic cars.
The warm weather put the icing on the cake for a superb day which is the 56th in the event’s 56th year.
Jo Mitchell, secretary, said: “We haven’t yet finalised accounts but we feel it is higher than last year and it is certainly one of the best attended in some time.
“It was a brilliant event. We had a good crowd of people, lots of children, lots of families all enjoying the event, fantastic.”
New for this year were husky sleds with people able to have husky hugs.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a popular novelty dog show, heavy and light horses, school fancy dress parade, cakes, live music and traditional swing boats.
The Gorefield Show Facebook page said: “Wow what a fantastic day and one of the best attended in recent years. Thankfully the British weather didn’t let us down and we had a dry day.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“Great to see so many coming along to support the show. A great big thank you from the committee to all of those volunteers that turn up year on year to help set up, run stalls, refreshments and barbecue, assist with car parking and clear up etc.
“Without your support the show wouldn’t be as successful as it is.”
Other attractions include vintage tractors and farm machinery, motorbikes, children’s sports, bouncy castle, birds of prey and a barrel train.