Goodwood awaits Wisbech Grammar School teams in Greenpower endurance finals
THE fast, flowing corners of the historic Goodwood circuit await three teams from Wisbech Grammar School that are taking part in the Greenpower endurance finals. Formula 24 – for teams aged 11-16 – and Formula 24+ – for sixth-form teams – reach their clim
THE fast, flowing corners of the historic Goodwood circuit await three teams from Wisbech Grammar School that are taking part in the Greenpower endurance finals.
Formula 24 - for teams aged 11-16 - and Formula 24+ - for sixth-form teams - reach their climax on Sunday with all three teams hoping for strong results.
The school has two teams in the Formula 24 four-hour race. The Twin Cambs cars start 27th and 32nd out of 76.
The Formula 24+ team, TCJD, face a one-and-a-half-hour race and are looking to build on their seventh position in the championship.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Bannister, team manager, said: "We have achieved about 85 miles so far. The aim is to break through the 100-mile barrier in the national final if we can."
The cars are powered by 24-volt batteries and have been designed and built in school. They are capable of reaching 40mph.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes