Goodwood awaits Wisbech Grammar School teams in Greenpower endurance finals
THE fast, flowing corners of the historic Goodwood circuit await three teams from Wisbech Grammar School that are taking part in the Greenpower endurance finals. Formula 24 – for teams aged 11-16 – and Formula 24+ – for sixth-form teams – reach their clim
THE fast, flowing corners of the historic Goodwood circuit await three teams from Wisbech Grammar School that are taking part in the Greenpower endurance finals.
Formula 24 - for teams aged 11-16 - and Formula 24+ - for sixth-form teams - reach their climax on Sunday with all three teams hoping for strong results.
The school has two teams in the Formula 24 four-hour race. The Twin Cambs cars start 27th and 32nd out of 76.
The Formula 24+ team, TCJD, face a one-and-a-half-hour race and are looking to build on their seventh position in the championship.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Bannister, team manager, said: "We have achieved about 85 miles so far. The aim is to break through the 100-mile barrier in the national final if we can."
The cars are powered by 24-volt batteries and have been designed and built in school. They are capable of reaching 40mph.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election