Good turn out for historic vehicle club annual road run
RECORD numbers of vehicles took part in Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club s 15th annual road run on Sunday. Organisers were delighted when the crowds turned out to see 177 vehicles make their way from Wisbech to Peterborough and back again for a
RECORD numbers of vehicles took part in Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club's 15th annual road run on Sunday.
Organisers were delighted when the crowds turned out to see 177 vehicles make their way from Wisbech to Peterborough and back again for a static display in St Peter's car park.
The club's road run co-ordinator Mick Ramsden, said: "It was the most vehicles we have ever had with numbers of commercial vehicles and scooters also up on last year. It was a great day and the weather stayed nice for us."
Vehicles must be at least 25 years old to take part in the event. This year the oldest vehicle was a 1927 Lagonda Tourer - a last minute entry from a Spalding owner.
However, the trophy for the oldest vehicle which had been listed in the programme went to a 1932 Vulcan. A 1957 Austin Westminster owned by J T Rose won the Classic Car Cup.
Cups also went to D Roberts for his Triumph motorcycle and the Lambretta cup was won by I Green.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 4 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 5 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 8 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Cups were presented by Terry Stork, commercial director of Elgood's Brewery, which sponsored the event.
Draw tickets were on sale for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the amount will be announced at a later date.