Good turn out for historic vehicle club annual road run
RECORD numbers of vehicles took part in Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club s 15th annual road run on Sunday. Organisers were delighted when the crowds turned out to see 177 vehicles make their way from Wisbech to Peterborough and back again for a
RECORD numbers of vehicles took part in Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club's 15th annual road run on Sunday.
Organisers were delighted when the crowds turned out to see 177 vehicles make their way from Wisbech to Peterborough and back again for a static display in St Peter's car park.
The club's road run co-ordinator Mick Ramsden, said: "It was the most vehicles we have ever had with numbers of commercial vehicles and scooters also up on last year. It was a great day and the weather stayed nice for us."
Vehicles must be at least 25 years old to take part in the event. This year the oldest vehicle was a 1927 Lagonda Tourer - a last minute entry from a Spalding owner.
You may also want to watch:
However, the trophy for the oldest vehicle which had been listed in the programme went to a 1932 Vulcan. A 1957 Austin Westminster owned by J T Rose won the Classic Car Cup.
Cups also went to D Roberts for his Triumph motorcycle and the Lambretta cup was won by I Green.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
Cups were presented by Terry Stork, commercial director of Elgood's Brewery, which sponsored the event.
Draw tickets were on sale for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the amount will be announced at a later date.