‘Good’ times at Lyncroft Care Home as staff and management are praised by the Care Quality Commission
- Credit: Archant
Staff and management at Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech have been praised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in its latest report.
The care home, on Clarkson Avenue, scored an overall rating of ‘good’ following a recent inspection.
It scored ‘good’ in the safe service, caring service, responsive service and well-led service sections, but ‘required improvement’ in the effective service section.
The report praised the home’s staff, saying that residents were supported by staff in a ‘respectful and kind way.’
Manager Jan Davison, who took over at Lyncroft in May, was also praised, with the CQC saying the management had ‘plans in place to minimize people’s indentified risks and to assist people to live as independent and safe a life as possible.’
You may also want to watch:
Ms Davison said: “I’m very happy to be managing Lyncroft Care Home. I’m a family person and I love the family atmosphere here at the home.
“We’ve got exciting plans to expand and continue with the fantastic care offered here at Lyncroft. I’m lucky to be working with a great team of carers and support staff here at the home.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
The care home is based in an 18th century town house and is currently home to 39 residents.