‘Good’ times at Lyncroft Care Home as staff and management are praised by the Care Quality Commission
- Credit: Archant
Staff and management at Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech have been praised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in its latest report.
The care home, on Clarkson Avenue, scored an overall rating of ‘good’ following a recent inspection.
It scored ‘good’ in the safe service, caring service, responsive service and well-led service sections, but ‘required improvement’ in the effective service section.
The report praised the home’s staff, saying that residents were supported by staff in a ‘respectful and kind way.’
Manager Jan Davison, who took over at Lyncroft in May, was also praised, with the CQC saying the management had ‘plans in place to minimize people’s indentified risks and to assist people to live as independent and safe a life as possible.’
You may also want to watch:
Ms Davison said: “I’m very happy to be managing Lyncroft Care Home. I’m a family person and I love the family atmosphere here at the home.
“We’ve got exciting plans to expand and continue with the fantastic care offered here at Lyncroft. I’m lucky to be working with a great team of carers and support staff here at the home.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
The care home is based in an 18th century town house and is currently home to 39 residents.