‘Good’ times at Lyncroft Care Home as staff and management are praised by the Care Quality Commission
- Credit: Archant
Staff and management at Lyncroft Care Home in Wisbech have been praised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in its latest report.
The care home, on Clarkson Avenue, scored an overall rating of ‘good’ following a recent inspection.
It scored ‘good’ in the safe service, caring service, responsive service and well-led service sections, but ‘required improvement’ in the effective service section.
The report praised the home’s staff, saying that residents were supported by staff in a ‘respectful and kind way.’
Manager Jan Davison, who took over at Lyncroft in May, was also praised, with the CQC saying the management had ‘plans in place to minimize people’s indentified risks and to assist people to live as independent and safe a life as possible.’
You may also want to watch:
Ms Davison said: “I’m very happy to be managing Lyncroft Care Home. I’m a family person and I love the family atmosphere here at the home.
“We’ve got exciting plans to expand and continue with the fantastic care offered here at Lyncroft. I’m lucky to be working with a great team of carers and support staff here at the home.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The care home is based in an 18th century town house and is currently home to 39 residents.